King's requires that every pupil who resides overseas has an Education Guardian based in the UK.

Guardianship must be arranged prior to arrival and the School be notified of contact details. Guardians act in loco parentis and, in certain circumstances such as illness or essential emergency school closure, may be required to take care of a pupil in their own homes. They must, therefore, be resident in the UK, speak good English, be capable of providing care for the child in a home environment and live within reasonable travelling distance of King’s.

If parents do not have a UK-based relative or appropriate friend who would be willing to act as a guardian, we recommend that parents use one of the guardianship agencies accredited by AEGIS (The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students). Details are available at:

Our Education Guardianship Policy can be read in full here and the Agreement Form for completion can be found here.