In the first three years of the Preparatory School (8+ 9+ 10+) all pupils study:
- Art, Religious Studies, English, General Science, Geography, German, History, Information Communication Technology, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education/Games.
- French is introduced at Year 5 (9+).
- General Studies and Design Technology are introduced at Year 6 (10+).
- Latin (top stream only) is introduced at Year 7 (11+).
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics are taught as separate disciplines at Year 8 (12+).
Currently all pupils undertake Key Stage 2 National Tests in Year 6 (10+).