Pre-Preparatory School ISI Inspection Report
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is responsible for the inspection of the 1,100 schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. King’s was inspected by the ISI in 2013 and we are delighted that all three parts of School were rated “good” or “excellent” in every area with the Nursery and Pre-Preparatory School reported as "excellent" in every area.
Inspectors found that “In the Pre-Prep and EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) academic and other achievements were “excellent and pupils make strong progress”. “They enjoy considerable success in all aspects of the broad, balanced curriculum and teaching provision is excellent”.
- “Pupils have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, most positive attitudes to learning and high aspirations”.
- “Pupils solve mathematical problems with fluency and accuracy and apply their knowledge and understanding of number across other subjects with alacrity”.
- “The Pre-Prep’s curriculum is excellent”.
- “The quality of teaching in the Pre-Prep is excellent”.
- “Pupils’ personal, social and spiritual development are excellent”.
- “Pastoral care is excellent.”
- “Leadership and management are excellent”.
- “From the youngest to the oldest …. pupils exude confidence and happiness because of the excellent provision the school makes to promote their personal development”.