Senior School ISI Inspection Report
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. King’s was inspected by the ISI in 2013 and we are delighted that all three parts of School were rated “good” or “excellent” in every area.
Please see below for a summary of the findings. The full report on our Senior School can be found on this page.
The inspectors described the pupils’ achievements and learning as good, “enabled by well-planned teaching and the exceptionally positive relationships between teachers and pupils which are a hallmark of the school”.
- “Good teaching, some of which is excellent, supports pupils’ progress”.
- “Teaching demonstrates good and frequently excellent subject knowledge”.
- Results in GCSE are “good in relation to the national average for pupils in maintained schools” and “A level results show continuous progress”.
- “Pupils are keen to learn and show good motivation; they settle quickly to work and are well organised”.
- “Pupils comment that most teachers intently care and ‘go the extra mile’ for them, in class time and beyond”.
- “Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent” and “this very high level of personal development is supported by excellent pastoral care”.
- “Pupils develop strong social skills. Both day and boarding pupils take seriously their role as part of the nurturing community the school successfully creates”.
- King’s boarding provision is “good” with “a palpably homely atmosphere in the houses” and “excellent medical care”.
- “Leadership and management are good, particularly strong at senior level in evaluation of the school’s needs in a period of transition”.
- “Recent evaluation of the school’s provision and practice by senior managers is acute and well-informed. It has identified clearly those areas where development is needed to promote further progress and enhance its characteristic high standards.”
- Links with parents are deemed “excellent”.